VID shall be prepared for further institutional growth based on opportunities that emerge and an assessment of how such expansions can strengthen VID academically and in terms of resources and help develop VID as idea concept and institution. Planned co-locations and campus development will contribute to these same aims.
By strengthening academic, administrative and external interaction, VID, within its disciplinary fields and with its profile, will consolidate its position as a national specialized university institution with a strong regional impact and good local collaborative relations.
VID's goal during the strategy period is to consolidate its position as the largest private, non-profit institution in the university and university college sector, and will consider expanding the number of doctoral degree areas in collaboration with other institutions with a view to development of a values-based university.
Flexible education, with good accessibility for potential students and other stakeholders, will receive increased attention in the further development and expansion of VID's academic programmes.
VID's external communication and interaction shall strengthen the institution’s visibility towards future students and employees, and be a clear and challenging voice in the public sphere.
Choice of direction
- Explore and investigate the expansion of activities and the number of doctoral degree areas
- Consolidate and streamline current organization and internal interaction
- Carry out a shift of administrative operations into digital solutions and services for students, employees and external partners
- Strengthen external funding of education and research
- Evaluate the start-up of new programmes of study and research initiatives
- Invest in digital solutions that will improve efficiency and enhance quality while bolstering ambitions for flexible education
- Strengthen external communication and interaction