Geir Johannes Barlaup will hold his trial lecture and publicly defend his doctoral dissertation.
The event will take place on Skype for Business: Skype link will be published soon.
The opponents are
- Research Professor Henrik Syse, Peace Research Institute Oslo
- Professor David Herbert, University of Bergen
- The committee’s work has been led by Professor Kari Storstein Haug, VID Specialized University
The leader of VID’s Centre of Mission and Global Studies, professor Anna Rebecca Solevåg, firstname.lastname@example.org, will chair the defence.
Would you like to read the dissertation before the public defence? Please contact teh candidate email@example.com.
- 10:15 Geir Johannes Barlaup will hold his trial lecture on a topic given to him by the assessment committee
- 12:15 Barlaup will publicly defend his dissertation for the PhD degree
The title of the dissertation is:
Armed forces between otherness and respect: a study of Norwegian soldiers’ understanding of the significance of religion.